Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Walk the Moon

Walk the Moon is an indie rock band from Cincinnati, OH which I have had the pleasure of seeing live twice this summer. I was introduced to the band by lead guitarist, Nick Lerangis, who is an old high school chum, as he would probably say. To make a long story short: THIS BAND IS AMAZING! When I first heard them I thought they sounded like The Killers with more of an edge to them. After seeing them at Arlene's Grocery in NYC, I am convinced that Walk the Moon could be the next big thing. The band consist of Lerangis, Nick Petricca on Keys, Adam Reifsnyder on bass, and Adrian Galvin on drums. All members of the band sing vocals with Nick as the lead. For the record, props to Adrian for singing and drumming at the same time! That is difficult to do in my eyes. They are currently heading back to Cincinnati, and will be an opening act for Ryan Cabrera in Covington, Kentucky on the 14th. Please check them out at the band website as well as on their MySpace page and be sure to download "The Anthem EP" on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment