Monday, August 17, 2009

District 9 Review



While this blog will focus mainly on music, there will be other topics I wish to discuss. Movies is a favorite hobby of mine, and I had a chance to view District 9 over the weekend. I didn't know what to expect going into the movie, because the trailer left so much to the imagination. The general idea I took from the trailer was that these aliens were being held against their will, and one reporter ends up being affected by liquid device. I won't ruin the movie for anyone, but I was off, not far off, but off. This movie has several social undertones that one wouldn't expect from an alien movie, but they were there and made you think for the first quarter of the movie. The cinematography (if that is what it's called) was brilliant, with the film switching from a Cops live action camera, to a documentary, and then a regular film. The highlight of the movie would be the effects. They never felt forced upon, and CGI was present, but you could accept it. The movie did reach a point where the story was slow and seemed to be very long, however it picked up by the end. I would recommend you go see this film if you enjoy a good story and some solid action.

Image Source: WildAboutMovies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment