Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jade - So Fresh



Jade is an artists I have had the pleasure of meeting twice and seeing live once. She is signed to GFC New York, who boast other artists Mickey Factz and Fki. When I was first introduced to Jade, I was told she was likened to Nelly Furtado, which would keep her from achieving more popular status. After listening to her, I couldn't disagree more. Jade has a certain soulful appeal to her music, and a stage presence all her own. I mean, how many R&B/Soul artists you know do stage dives? Her recent track So Fresh is has a jazz lounge feel to it, with a nice spin on a classic Outkast track. Be sure to check out Jade at her myspace page, and the rest of the GFC New York crew. It's good to hear good music, and even doper that I have met an artist like Jade.

Image Source: myspace.com/jadeismusic

No comments:

Post a Comment